Meet The Blogger #4 ~ Little Budget...

By Lucy Harbron - 18:15


This Month's blogger is Sally from Little Budget, one of my fave blogs to read. Little Budget is a fashion, beauty, lifestyle blog focussed on feeling a million dollars without spending an obscene amount. 

 What inspired you to start your blog?

My blog was sort of a birthday present to myself! I'd wanted to start a blog for ages as I loved  reading them, and so on my 20th birthday I bit the bullet. I wanted to focus on purse-friendly fashion, beauty and lifestyle pieces, because not everyone has £30 to spend on a single lipstick. Doesn't mean I don't love daydreaming about high-end pieces though!

What’s your favourite thing about running your blog? 

I love the whole  process of it - getting inspired to start a series or trying out a new product that you instantly fall in love with. I'm still getting used to photography but I'm loving the editing process (especially filters, which I admittedly probably use too much of!).

Who is your favourite blogger/the blogger that inspired you most? Why?

I actually found Michelle Phan's blog before I found her on YouTube (I don't know where I'd been  living!). Reading her posts on make-up and skincare started my whole love of beauty, and from there I found other bloggers. I branched out into reading fashion blogs. At the moment I'm absolutely loving Inthefrow - she's so knowledgeable about the pieces she showcases, and it really makes a difference to the quality of her blog.

What is your favourite type of post to write?

I love fashion posts, but I don't really get the chance to write them often (I'm not so good with the OOTD photos, and I'd be too embarrassed to ask someone else to take them!). I love putting outfits together and focusing on the little details.

Who inspires you most? 

 I'm a drama teacher, and I recently went to see a couple of the children I teach  performing at Newcastle Theatre Royale in a professional production. It was so inspiring and lovely to see them doing something they love and having such a wonderful experience (I cried and embarrassed them all!). I'm always inspired when I see how confident they can be and what they can achieve. Makes me feel silly for moaning about having to go to uni or do my grocery shopping!

What is your favourite shop? 

I used to say Primark, but it's been pretty hit or miss lately. I've found some gorgeous accessories in there, but I'm loving Topshop lately as I've been getting more into my fashion pieces rather than living in leggings and hoodies.

What item of clothing are you longing for at the moment?

I've been on the lookout for the perfect pair of trainers - I found a gorgeous baby blue faux croc effect pair in Topshop but they didn't have my size. Story of my life with my size 4 feet!

If you were stranded on a desert island and could only take 3 things with you, what would they be?

I'm going to be pretty free with my interpretation of the words "3 things" and choose 3 people - my sister, my mum and my dad! At least we'd have a massive laugh even if we were stranded. I'd get them to bring the sun-cream, emergency flares and  food!

What’s your main goal for the future?

I thought I had my life all planned out - I wanted to be a musical theatre actress - but after I got a nasty wake up call ("you're fat and you can't really dance, so I don't know why you're on this course") I've had to have a rethink. I want to keep teaching drama (it's honestly the best job in the world) and look into how the media affects the younger generation. And of course, I want to continue blogging! I'm hoping to venture into YouTube in the next couple of months.


What’s one piece of advice you wish you could give your younger self?

Friends aren't the only important thing in the world. When I was in secondary school I didn't have any friends, and I tortured myself because of it. Now I realise it made me stronger because I got used to my own company and focused on my grades (which is the whole purpose of school anyway!).

Find Sally-

Instagram- @sallyivison


  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Talk to me...